Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Rockwell Automation is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation, connecting the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,500 people in more than 100 countries.
Reporting into the Finance Director, Integrated Supply Chain, the Global Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring proper inventory valuation and the accuracy of product costs for 23 manufacturing locations and 21 distribution centers globally.
This position manages a cost accounting team of 13 professionals located in the US, Poland, Mexico, and Brazil and is the Global Process Owner of all processes and procedures related to product costing and inventory controls.
- Provide technical guidance to business and finance leaders to ensure proper application of cost accounting principles and global standardization.
- Oversee the month end close for all cost accounting related entries & reconciliations to include Purchase Price Variance, Production Order Variance, Lower of Cost or Market, FIFO Variance Capitalization, Shrinkage, Elimination of Inter-co Profit in Inventory.
- Work closely with the plant and distribution center inventory control teams in reviewing cycle count results and compliance as well as the coordination & audits of physical inventories.
- Lead the biennial cost roll process and ensure its accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain/develop accounting polices & procedures related to product costing & inventory valuation.
- Ensure SOX & company policy compliance in all matters involving inventory controls and valuation.
- Provide leadership for audit issues related to inventory management and follow through on issues ensuring proper resolution.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with other functions of the organization to include manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, IT & headquarter finance.
- Lead and develop the global cost accounting team including performance reviews and career planning, and help employees achieve their career goals at Rockwell Automation
- Typically requires management experience of at least 5 years.
- Prior cost accounting experience strongly desired
- SAP product costing experience
- Strong knowledge of internal control concepts and accounting regarding product costing & inventory controls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with all levels of management
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).