Sr. Software Engineer, ACS Data Science
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 2, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200219986
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. ACS Data Science team is seeking an extraordinary Software Engineer to support business analytics platform with sophisticated, scalable and robust architecture that are optimized for rapid business intelligence, data analysis and data science. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires a wide and deep experience in managing infrastructure and applications across data centers and cloud services. The successful candidate will design and implement new approaches and tools to support low latency web applications delivering large-scale data. This role is responsible for providing technical implementation, architecture recommendations and business analysis on an enterprise level applications and services. Building and maintaining relationships with diverse sets of customers that use the platform will be equally critical to ensure the business units are successful. You will be joining a team of highly skilled, hardworking and passionate engineers working on this cutting edge and constantly evolving space.
- Proven skills and hands-on programming experience in Java, Spring, multi- threading, REST are must
- Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies
- Self-Directed: The ability to drive project from a simple idea to production
- User-Focused: Empathy for the user experience and the performance come first
- Have in-depth knowledge of open source distributed systems such as Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Kubernetes
- Experience with Java and its ecosystem, relational and non-relational databases, Internet protocols, caching systems, queuing systems
- Experience in architecting and defining Application layer in SOA/Micro Services landscape
- Knowledge and understanding of frontend technologies, frameworks and architecture is a plus
The ACS Data Science team is looking for an extraordinary hands-on backend engineer to work on large-scale data analytics solutions. We're looking for an individual who loves a challenge, takes on problems with imaginative solutions, works well in collaborative teams, and can produce high quality software under tight deadlines and constraints. You will join a hands-on software development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering perfection. You should be a self- starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal direction.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or information management plus 10+ years of experience, or MS degree plus 5-7 years, or equivalent. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.