WAICU, the official association of Wisconsin’s 23 nonprofit private, or independent, colleges and universities and their more than 54,000 students, seeks a communications and marketing professional to work in the Madison, Wisconsin office. This “hands on” professional position will be responsible for all publications (paper and digital), news releases, media relations, and development of marketing strategies—including social media and web content. Minimum two years experience in one or more of these areas and a baccalaureate degree are required. Familiarity with higher education is a plus. Less than full-time applicants would be considered.
The objective of this position is to educate WAICU’s many constituencies about the attributes, contributions, and values of Wisconsin’s private or independent colleges and universities individually and collectively through the Association. All communications and marketing advance WAICU’s mission: “Wisconsin’s private nonprofit colleges and universities working together for educational opportunity.”
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work as a team with WAICU staff to advance the mission of WAICU and its members.
2. Facilitate the work of the WAICU Public Relations and Marketing Group. Work with other relevant groups (e.g., Advancement, Admissions) drawn from WAICU members.
1. Communicate WAICU’s mission and message to both internal and external constituencies.
2. Design and prepare all WAICU publications including: the quarterly Wisconsin Independent, the annual Guide to Admissions and Financial Aid, the monthly Wisconsin Achievers, the monthly WAICU WISE (insider e-newsletter), and annual College Visit Opportunities. Work with the academic services team on the layout, production, and distribution of these materials.
3. Coordinate direct mail, listservs, and websites to assure a unified “look” or brand and uniform high quality.
4. Assume lead responsibility for WAICU’s two principal websites: waicu.org and WisconsinsPrivateColleges.org.
5. Initiate and prepare news releases on sector-wide developments and educational issues and coordinate companion news releases with member colleges and universities.
6. Build and maintain a positive, ethical relationship with news media, including arranging editorial board visits for the WAICU president as appropriate.
7. Develop and sustain a social media presence that integrates into our marketing strategy.
8. Support the WAICU president in the role of official spokesperson for the Association.
9. Work on WAICU’s marketing/branding initiatives for the sector—e.g., promotion of Wisconsin Private College Week.
1. Collect research on communication and marketing policies, programs, and trends.
2. Provide perspective and recommendations on communication and marketing to WAICU management.
3. Institute continuous quality improvement in all WAICU communication and marketing programs.
4. Recommend the creation of new WAICU communication and marketing programs in all media—print to digital.
5. Develop and implement a uniform and unifying “look” for all communications, websites, cards, letterhead, news releases, social media, etc.
To learn more about WAICU, visit www.waicu.org; to learn about WAICU members, go to www.WisconsinsPrivateColleges.org.
We offer competitive salary, great benefits, paid parking, and a positive working environment. To ensure consideration for this position, your application materials consisting of (1) a cover letter stating why you are the best applicant for this position, (2) current resume, and (3) salary requirement should be emailed to email@example.com no later than 8:00 a.m. February 15, 2021. Applications after this date may be considered if the position is not yet filled. No calls or drop-ins, please. WAICU is an equal opportunity employer.
Click to apply!