The Healthcare Construction Laborer is responsible for the building, constructing and execution of an assigned project or series of projects for Anne Arundel Health System (AAHS) and its subsidiaries. The job responsibilities include ability to construct from plans and design a variety of projects inclusive of demo, construction, and re-construction; to include use of various tools used in all aspects of construction ensuring the safe work practices are used; ensuring maintenance adheres to regulatory compliance, communication and reporting.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Follows the lead of the Healthcare Construction Program Manager the Director of Facilities for planned Projects.
- Completes project(s) in collaboration with key stakeholders. Meeting with and determining client's needs; works collaboratively across AAHS, interfacing with all affected parties, team members and leaders about projects status, deviations from plan and correction plan options keeping stakeholders informed.
- Collaborates with Supervisor and Director to ensure that the project meets the overall goals and objectives for the organization.
- Provides support including assisting in creation of project plans, communication and follow-up between meetings to move each project to conclusion as identified in work plans and documents; assists management in delivery and installation oversight as assigned.
- Assists supervisor in tracking, maintaining and auditing budgets for assigned projects. Provide routine reporting on expenses in relation to budget; assists in maintaining databases with regard to Permits.
Required Minimum Education. The minimum level of education for this position includes:
- High School Diploma, Associate's Degree Preferred.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Five (5) years of experience in Healthcare construction preferred.
- Personal computer literacy required, experience with Microsoft Office products, Bluebeam and design software (preferred).
- Journeyman's card in any of the building trades preferred.
- American Hospital Association (AHA) Certified Healthcare Constructor (CHC) Certificate or equivalent preferred.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
Light work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Medium duty work.
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.