ACS - Education Software Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 22, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200217026
Apple's Education team is looking for a passionate Engineering Manager to lead our client applications and frameworks and help build the next generation of our education experience. We're looking for an individual who loves solving problems to surprise and delight our customers. Your leadership will be critical to our success. Do you love finding the world's best talent, giving them meaningful work, and then setting them about for success while staying out of their way? Do you want to manage products that are used globally every single day? Do you embrace ownership and accountability? Are you passionate about creating all beautiful user experiences? Do you want to work hand-in-hand with great people across Engineering, User Experience, Marketing, Product, and Support? If so, we want you to join our diverse and hardworking team! For more information about the products the team works on, visit: ClassKit: https://developer.apple.com/classkit/ Schoolwork: https://www.apple.com/education/teaching-tools/
- A proven track-record of leading, motivating and building strong software teams (5+ years) - enabling engineers to do the best work of their lifetime
- Attention to detail and a strong passion for quality - experience architecting, designing and developing high quality customer-facing software
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with multi-functional teams about various topics such as product requirements, user experience, system architecture, APIs and project schedules
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and methodologies
- Extensive expertise (5+ years) with Swift, iOS, iPadOS fundamentals/frameworks (macOS also a plus) and Apple development tools
- Strong architecture and system design sense - experience developing frameworks and APIs
- A learning attitude to continuously improve yourself
- Passion to make an impact in the Education space
You are trustworthy and capable manager that can find great client-side software engineers to work on your team, develop them appropriately, and help them work together to deliver amazing products for our customers. We are dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic team that reflects the multicultural variety of our customers. RESPONSIBILITIES: - Lead and establish a team of high-caliber software engineers who have strong client and framework experience. You will instill an inclusive team culture and empower, challenge and coach team members to help grow their impact. - Define, prioritize and execute product development discussions and map functional requirements to technical designs and a project schedule. - Drive quality improvement initiatives and processes. - Review design and code produced by engineers - be a trusted and constructive partner in technical discussions. - Communicate and drive decisions (written and oral) on various aspects such as user experience, technical design, privacy and security. - As part of the Education leadership team, you will use your management and technical skills to help improve the Education team and the larger Apple Cloud Services organization.
Education & Experience
- At least 2 years of experience managing software engineering teams, ideally on the client side (web, native, or both) - Strong CS fundamentals are essential. Whether you have a traditional CS degree or learned some other way, we'd love to talk with you! - 5+ years of developing and shipping great applications, whether on the web or native (or both!). But if you've had equivalent experience or have shipped great end-user applications on other platforms
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace