Maps Evaluation Data Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 19, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200217036
Apple Maps Evaluation team is looking for experienced Data Engineer to join our Metrics Engineering team. We work closely with Data Scientists, Program Managers and Product Analysts to measure and improve Apple Maps user experience. Data Engineers at Apple Maps work with some of the most unique and interesting data sets in the world including: geospatial data, GPS probe data, search logs, real time traffic data, human judgements and A/B experiments data. Our work spans the entire data ecosystem: metrics design, instrumentation, data set design, data quality checks, batch and real time applications, and reporting. You will be contributing to a large scale data platform and providing end-to-end analytics solutions to transform rich data at Apple scale into actionable insights. Your data sets will help us determine successful A/B tests, monitor product launches and understand product usage and quality in detail. The insights from your data directly impact millions of Apple customers world wide. We are looking for Data Engineers who love to build end to end analytics solutions for their customers and can produce high quality data artifacts at scale. The ideal candidate has experience implementing extendable frameworks on top of Spark and understands the inner workings of Spark execution.
- Passion for building trustworthy, reliable, stable and fast data products that serve customer needs
- 4+ years of experience in data warehousing and ETL
- 4+ years of experience in working with large data sets and dimensional data modeling
- Deep experience with schema design and dimensional modeling
- Experience with data processing using Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce and SparkSQL
- Experience with SQL statements
- Experience with real time data processing using Kafka and Storm or Spark Streaming
- Experience with Java or Scala and Python
- Ability to manage and communicate data warehouse plans and requirements
Design, build and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines Design data models for optimal storage and retrieval Design and develop new data processing systems to enable quick and easy consumption and augmentation of data Partner with Program, Data Science and Engineering -teams to understand Apple Maps data needs Manage data warehouse plans for your area of responsibility Build data expertise and develop methods to monitor data quality Define and manage SLA for data sets in your area of responsibility Partner with Data Platform Engineers to triage iss ues and drive them to resolution
Education & Experience
- B.S or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field - Experience with Druid - Experience with Hive query language - Experience in building algorithmic data quality checks
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace