Accessibility Software Engineer - iOS
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 3, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200219763
Do you have a passion for mobile development? Are you interested in creating software that promotes equality and inclusion for everyone? Here at Apple we believe that technology is most powerful when it empowers everyone. Our team, the Vision Accessibility team is looking for a Software Engineer who can contribute to an accessible experience on iOS and tvOS.
- Motivated to learn new programming languages and development environments.
- Well grounded in essential algorithms and data structures.
- Passionate about writing high quality software with an emphasis on correctness, readability and testability.
- Familiar with testing technologies such as unit tests, integration tests and UI tests.
- Persistent in using debuggers and other problem solving techniques to track down and fix bugs.
- Upbeat, adaptable, and results-oriented attitude
- Excellent cross-functional and communication skills
Apple's Accessibility team is looking for a motivated and driven iOS Software Engineer to help develop its various assistive technologies including VoiceOver, Magnifier and everything in between! In our dynamic group, you'll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to help craft products that improve and enhance the lives of everyone who uses Apple products regardless of differences.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with the following programming languages would be beneficial, but not required:
- Experience with these technologies would also be beneficial, but not required:
- Apple platform development (iOS, tvOS etc).
- Development tools such as Xcode, Visual Studio etc.
- Unit testing frameworks and technologies
- Continuous integration systems
- Source code versioning systems (git)