CarPlay Framework Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 3, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200218241
Apple's Interactive Media Group (IMG) is looking for a creative, self motivated and dedicated software engineer to join the Connected Media CarPlay team. This team builds the foundations of CarPlay, that powers the customer experience of iOS devices in the Car, and focuses on future directions. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products including iPhone, iPad, Mac, AppleTV, and operating systems. Combining ground breaking software techniques with next-generation hardware, IMG takes the media experience to the next level. If you are passionate about solving complex problems with elegant and creative solutions, then this job maybe a perfect fit for you!
- Strong programming skills with C/C++.
- Solid understanding of multithreading and concurrency fundamentals.
- Excellent analytical, programming and debugging skills.
- Strong communication, collaborative skills and a great attention to detail.
- Passion for learning new technologies, and eagerness to absorb new concepts.
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality.
- Upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude.
As a CarPlay engineer, you will be responsible for prototyping breakthrough ideas, developing features, contributing to systems design, analyzing performance in the foundations of CarPlay technology. You will build the future of CarPlay, with a focus on automotive integration. To be successful in this role, you need to be versatile and able to thrive in a fast paced environment. You must have strong technical and programming skills, and a background in any of the core technology areas that make CarPlay possible. This includes media playback frameworks, audio and video streaming, wireless networking. Experience with automotive integration is a plus
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- You have experience with two out of the following
- Multithreaded programming
- Media Playback frameworks, Audio and/or video streaming, codecs, formats.
- Network technologies and protocols (including WiFi, TCP, UDP, HTTP, RTP).