Location: Chelmsford - Massachusetts
At Rockwell Automation, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services and customer experiences. As the Electrical Continuation Engineering Lead, you will work with the Hardware Engineering team members to maintain and improve existing production designs by introducing incremental improvements and design changes for Manufacturing, Quality, and Cost reasons. This position requires broad knowledge of precedents in a specific area and prudent judgment in making independent decisions.
- Provide support to maintain production of both existing product designs and new derivative NPI products.
- Responsible for design and development work on existing and derivative products and practical solutions to complex problems.
- Invent, innovate or otherwise use initiative and ingenuity to create product. improvement concepts so that Rockwell will have proprietary technical advantage over competition.
- Provide technical leadership to a project team to achieve product performance, production, quality, cost and schedule objectives.
- Ability to utilize analytical and mathematical skills appropriate to responsibilities.
- Ability to learn and to increase and update knowledge and methods affecting area of responsibility.
- Evaluate the feasibility of product design modification proposals through modelling, prototyping and simulation.
- Lead derivative design modification concepts through feasibility, prototyping, development, testing and into production.
- Collaborate with other functional teams, including software, mechanical engineering, industrialization engineering and overseas production locations.
- Work with a team of Hardware/Electrical Engineers and Hardware Technicians supporting a wide variety of existing products and NPI derivative projects.
- Through leadership by example, help create an environment where creative, innovative products are developed continuously.
- Foster within engineering a culture of continuous improvement with regard to productivity, cost-savings, and time-to-market.
- Improve engineering productivity and time-to-market through new methods and procedures and increased use of information tools.
- Build rapport and relationships with personnel that achieve planned results and enable the business to design and support state-of-the-art products that are globally competitive.
- Ability to make appropriate and effective use of oral and written English to communicate, cooperate, and negotiate with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to engage in cooperative and responsible behavior which affects the operation of the department and the company in a positive manner.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other functional areas such as the Manufacturing, Marketing and Purchasing teams.
- Ability to utilize appropriate judgment and discretion as they relate to responsibilities.
- Ability to plan and organize work and effectively monitor assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in analog/mixed signal design
- 5+ years of electrical design experience.
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of PCB layout, EMI reduction techniques, modeling as well as electrical simulation
- Held a technical leadership role
- Experience of electrical design tools such as schematic capture (Dx-Designer) and electrical simulation (Spice)
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- Working knowledge of appropriate agency design standards (TUV, UL, CSA)
- Design expertise in electro-mechanical assemblies subject to harsh environments
- Design expertise in sensors or analog design
- Experience with microprocessor based designs
- Experience with optical and functional safety products
- Ability to operate and motivate people in a matrix environment.
- Ability to work successfully with all functions of the organization, fostering a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP business software is a plus
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).