Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
Location: Munster - Indiana
Supports engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry or specialized test equipment. Applications may include analog, digital and/or video circuits, and logic systems. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions. Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions. Assists in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment. Uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
- Design, manufacture, and document methods of testing Rockwell Automation products and provide test equipment and product technical assistance.
- Show agility to learn new technologies and develop new technical skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Provides technical guidance, instruction and direction to the Repair Center staff.
- Be the technical escalation route for the repair staff for issues and problems encountered during the repair process.
- Can communicate effectively with a global team.
- Quickly reacts and responds to urgent customer needs, ensuring a timely and quality response.
- Actively seek out and participate in both formal and informal training and development covering both technical skills and personal development.
- Ensure projects comply to the ISO 9001 Quality Management System, ISO 14001 Environmental Management System, OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System and the Rockwell Automation Quality, Environmental, Health, Safety, Security and Product Safety manual.
- Support product releases by implementing repair of Rockwell Automation products.
- Assist when required with other special duties and projects.
- Bachelor's degree - Electrical or Computer Engineering Preferred.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in test engineering, test system design, or test equipment maintenance.
- Experience in electronics troubleshooting and repair to the component level.
- Experience in troubleshooting of PCBA test systems and In-circuit Test.
- Comprehensive understanding of current and legacy industrial products [RA and 3rd Party]; HMI, PLC, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding of current and legacy computer operating systems such as Win10, Win7, Win XP, Win 9x, and DOS.
- Experience in using programming languages/tools, such as RSLogix5-5000, Basic, LabVIEW, Assembly, C++, C#, etc. Experience in NI TestStand is a plus.
- Fundamental understanding of communication protocols such as RS-232, RS-485, GPIB, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Drives etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).