Product Design Engineer - iPad Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Feb 4, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200220803
As part of the PD technology team, you will help develop mechanical designs and core technologies that define and enable future Apple products. The work draws heavily on divergent thinking, teaming-up with multi-functional partners, putting ideas into CAD, making physical prototypes, and performing validation tests.
- Strong engineering fundamentals (solid mechanics, kinematics, dynamics, etc.)
- Experience in 2D/3D CAD creation, drafting, GD&T, and tolerance analysis
- Master of problem-solving: including the use of the scientific method, root cause analysis, etc.
- Basic knowledge of electronics, signal processing, material science, and chemistry
- Excellent written, verbal, and leadership skills
- Team Oriented: be able to thrive in a collaborative multi-functional environments
- Proficiency with common data analysis tools (JMP, MATLAB, Excel, etc)
- Prototype, evaluate, and debug innovative ideas - Design and define mechanical components and assembly schemes - Generate detailed specifications and drawings - Analyze static and dynamic structures to quantify fundamental device performance - Participate in the development of new manufacturing and assembly processes with external vendors (including some domestic and international travel) - Validate and characterize designs through multiple iterations - Conduct failure analysis and design of experiments (DOEs) to resolve root cause and implement corrective actions - Generate new intellectual property
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related field