Manage the learning and professional development of the Environmental Services/Linen Department employees. Provide ongoing training, understanding and motivation to carry out work-related assignments. The Supervisor MUST be flexible to work hours on all three shifts and will be responsible for covering during the absence of a supervisor on any of the shifts including weekends and holidays.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standardizes and conducts orientation training and in-service training to explain policies, work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment of all Environmental Services employees. Educates and provides reinforcement for proper infection control practices to include hand hygiene, cleaning and disinfectant, isolation and personal protective equipment.
- Provides supervision via direct observation to assure the cleanliness of occupied and discharge patient rooms.
- Maintains Environmental Services/Linen department work schedules.
- Trains and guides linen attendants along with cross-training of Environmental Services attendants.
- Maintains departmental files of environmental attendants to include individual development of learning plans.
- Provides support to department manager and/or director.
- Provides continuous revision and updating of Environmental Services Policy and Procedures manual in consultation with EVS Manager and Director.
- Ensures every staff member receives ongoing training and information through daily communication and assures completion of all mandatory annual competencies.
- Monitors and reviews the progress of new hires and senior employees.
- Round on patients soliciting feedback on service level.
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- At least five years of specialized training in Environmental/Linen services preferably in the healthcare setting.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, both inside and outside of the organization.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Heavy Duty
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.