Apple Media Products - Release Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jan 8, 2021
Role Number: 200214827
- - 5+years of experience successfully managing change in a dynamic, complex work environment.
- - Experience crafting multi-phased release plans, driving consensus across multiple stakeholders.
- - Strong workflow and process oriented mentality, with a bias towards automation.
- - Capable of working under pressure and tight deadlines to solve critical issues.
- - One or more scripting language experience, such as Bash, Perl or Python, a plus.
- - Experience building data-driven reports to help enforce service level objectives.
- - Experience working within a SOA / microservices environment.
- - Strong understanding of Kubernetes concepts and their impact on a release pipeline.
- - Experience collaborating with other team members in multiple teams diagnosing and debugging complex systems, and participating in investigating build, deployment and operational issues
- - Strong oral and written communicator, with good interpersonal skills; able to forge trusting relationships within a diverse team and across organizations.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING: - Management of the AMP release calendar, including code freezes and special events. - Build and maintain release checklists, providing documentation and cross-training for stakeholders. - Management of pre-release tasks, such as scheduling, announcements, and resource allocation. - Identify and communicate risks which could affect the release scope, schedule, and quality. - Measure and supervise progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations - Execution of release day activities, coordinating handoffs between engineering, QA and SRE. - Management of post-release tasks, collating reporting, preparing postmortems, and following up on incidents. - Identify processes for automation and ensure automation is implemented with a focus on efficiency. - Work flexible hours to support releases and environment refreshes for teams across the globe.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent and 5+years of experience