Software Engineer, Apple Pay
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 5, 2021
Role Number: 200221585
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Pay US Quality Engineering team is looking for a creative and motivated Software Quality Engineer with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. You will join a dynamic team with strong technical skills who take pride themselves in qualifying the best in class Apple Pay user experience. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to be part of a new project and shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day.
- Strong experience in Xcode, Swift and iOS development
- Experience in the creation and automation of software tests (e.g. unit, regression, functional, stress tests).
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
As a Software Quality Engineer, you will work closely with software engineers, management, other Apple QA teams to build and execute Quality Test Plans. Job functions of the role include the following: - Work cross functionally with various software engineering teams and stakeholders on writing requirements and test plans - Ensure that Apple delivers the next generation products with the highest quality - Triage and debug difficult problems, driving them to resolution, in an effort to make the user experience phenomenal - Define test coverage, develop test plans, create and maintain test cases, execute functional and performance tests, evaluate and report quality of existing technologies and new features - Develop test tools and implement test automation - Carry an extraordinary deal of influence across the software engineering organization and as such, you will demonstrate previous success achieving certification of the greatest quality standards
Education & Experience
Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Extra qualification/nice to have
- XCTest and XCUITest a plus
- experience with macOS development
- knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, and testing tools
- understanding of software QA metrics, operations, and statistical techniques