Location: 5025-Wichita Hauling
Waste Connections of Kansas is looking for a Welder to join our GROWING team in Wichita, KS!
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for a motivated , experienced welder to join our company as a welder fabricator. As part of our team of professional maintenance team, you will construct and manufacture metal parts and products, taking particular care to produce clean strong welds. You will determine material measurements and take responsibility for fabricating and parts used , ordering material, and taking responsibility for your output so you must be able to perform in a busy , fast paced ,stable shop/fleet.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All welding and painting duties performed on a fleet of trucks
- Wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) related to task being performed as well as using all required safety equipment and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate and understand needed repairs and/or tasks.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Available to help mechanics in maintenance shop as required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 60 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions..
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid driver's license (CDL preferred, but not required).
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
- 1 year of experience preferred.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.careers.wasteconnections.com . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)