System Architect (Multi-Radio Performance) - Wireless Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Feb 5, 2021
Role Number: 200221414
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Join us to help transform wireless technology and deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! In this role, you will be a key member of our team defining and working on advancing Apple's wireless solutions.
- The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in specifying and implementing features on wireless platforms through to successful integration and product launch.
- The candidate's experience should demonstrate a proven track record in software/systems design and performance tradeoffs in consumer products.
- Expertise with wireless chipset platforms (such as details of WiFi and/or NR control and data plane, RF transceivers), system integration topics such as platform operational modes, link adaptation, RF front-end control and in-device coexistence.
- Expertise in modeling end to end performance of wireless systems to optimize critical performance metrics (such as link adaptation performance, throughput optimization, surround cell/scan operations, edge of cell coverage issues).
- Deep understanding of wireless communication platforms and modem requirements and use cases at both the network and the consumer product level. This should ideally cover different standards such as WiFi and LTE/5G NR.
- Strong knowledge of 3GPP standards (LTE, NR), WiFi, BT and similar wireless technologies with an emphasis on the lower layers such as MAC, Layer1.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams by technical expertise and bringing solutions together for new products.
- Ability to present complex technical topics to a multi-level audience both internal and external to Apple.
- Strong communication skills, proficient programming skills in C++ and/or modeling complex systems in MATLAB desirable.
Identify and drive innovation for wireless systems with focus on enhancing end-user experience when multiple wireless standards are active concurrently. Define and specify wireless systems performance optimization, with a focus on integration of multiple technologies and how they should interact in a complex consumer product environment. Create intellectual property and technical specifications for product projects. Analyze, model and optimize different configurations and usage scenarios for the best performance in challenging environments. Create and drive SW and system architectures as part of a cross-functional team to optimize cross-technology performance and in-device coexistence across a portfolio of products.
Education & Experience
Master's degree or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree