Senior Software Architect, Apple Media Products
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 5, 2021
Role Number: 200221262
Imagine what you could do here. The people here at Apple don't just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for a hardworking, passionate and driven engineer and architect to be part of a new Edge Services Architecture and Efficiency Team for Apple Media Products. Alongside other hardworking engineers in this space, you will help innovate and improve the architecture and efficiency of Apple Media Services. You will help us as we continue to expand our global services availability and presence.
- A strong foundation in Computer Science including statistics and algorithms
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams
- Ability and desire to innovate, influence, encourage not only your team but other teams you will be working closely with
- 10+ years of experience in software development including significant Java skills
- Hands on prior experience architecting and implementing highly available and distributed service architectures
- Experience with scalable distributed persistent cache or stores in practice, like: Cassandra, Voldemort, Memcached and Redis
- Some experience with large-scale datacenter application deployments, including: monitoring and capacity planning
- A desire to work in a dynamic and meaningful work environment
- Understanding of key cloud technologies and infrastructure like Docker, S3 and other cloud based functions
- Experience with reactive programming, async programming, and non-blocking IO is a huge plus
We are looking for a self-starting, energetic individual with very strong leadership and technical capabilities. You should have at least 10 years of experience architecting and implementing services with some practical experience with understanding how to achieve high availability behind a high volume user facing service. As part of the Apple Media Products engineering team, your responsibilities will include: working closely with other engineering team members. You will not be afraid to question assumptions and possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. You will need to have both the technical chops and the interpersonal skills to articulate your ideas, as well as, influence others. Attention to detail and a perseverance to deliver a high-quality, well tested and maintainable code is a must. You need to be highly dedicated and driven to achieve and exceed commitments. You should possess a strong passion to work in the area of services in a growing and energizing environment of innovation while exuding tight-knit partnership skills. If you want to be part of this amazing team, this position is for you.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant proven experience preferred.