Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies
, WordStream, and
and U.K. media company Newsquest.
There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit
The St. Cloud Times has an opening for a Part-time (25 hour per week) Assistant Route Delivery Manager in the circulation department.
The primary role of the Assistant Route Deliver Manager is to support the District Manager and Distribution Supervisor to manage an independent contractor carrier workforce. The Assistant Route Delivery Manager is also responsible for ensuring subscriber service and satisfaction levels are met or exceeded. This position works part of the time in an office or distribution center and majority of the time within the assigned newspaper district or distribution area. This role may receive work assignments within many areas of the distribution function, which may include home delivery, single copy delivery, transportation, customer service, and re-delivery operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure goodwill between company and independent carrier force and ensure carrier compliance with contract terms, taking appropriate action, under the guidance of the District Manager and Distribution Supervisor, when contract terms are violated.
- Responsible for supporting the District Managers efforts in recruiting for carrier route vacancies, including whether and when to place advertisements in the newspaper or to use other methods for independent contractor recruitment.
- Responsible for upholding independent contractor performance standards for customer service, and to assure that all products are delivered by the proper time and in the proper condition as called for in the carrier contract.
- Responsible for ensuring subscriber satisfaction with delivery of all products. Provide recommendations to supervisor for service improvements.
- Responsible for delivering open routes as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish working relationship with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work varied hours, including late nights/early mornings, weekends and holidays, due to nature of the business performed.
- Knowledge of customer service functions
- Strong interpersonal organizational and administrative skills
- High school graduate or equivalent; some college preferred
Previous experience in a newspaper setting is preferred
Comparable education and experience will be considered
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite preferred
Gannett Co., Inc.
is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.