Cooperative Purchasing Program Assistant Position
Organization: Florida Sheriffs Association
Description: This position serves for a dynamic and professional non-profit organization in existence to serve the 67 Sheriffs of Florida. The Cooperative Purchasing Program Assistant performs administrative and operations duties and tasks specific to the bid programs, fleet committee and other related meetings.
A qualified candidate will be a highly self-motivated individual who is exceptionally organized, able to multi-task and can efficiently assist with many projects simultaneously with a strong attention to detail. The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, work both independently and as part of a team in a non-profit small office setting. The ideal candidate will have a problem-solving mind-set and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Accuracy and attention to detail in data entry is also critical to the operations of the program.
- Runs and prepares reports as needed.
- Receives and records purchase orders into the Bid Software System.
- Communicates with vendors and purchasers regarding insufficient information on official sales documents.
- Maintains a database of all purchases made through the bids and assists in tracking payments due from awarded vendors.
- Assists with preparation for the Executive Leadership Conference and Fleet Exposition, Fleet Committee Meetings and contract related meetings.
- Maintains digital files of all sales and reporting related documents.
- Attends conferences representing FSA and the Cooperative Purchasing Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university.
- A combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
- Preference will be given to applicants with Excel spreadsheet and data entry experience.
Location: Tallahassee, Florida - Position requires occasional travel, including weekends.
Starting salary: 34K
Apply By: February 28, 2021