Optical Data Engineer
Boulder , Colorado , United States
Posted: Feb 8, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200220890
Apple is looking for a highly motivated individual with experience in the fields of data analytics and optics to join the Panel Process and Optics (PPO) Engineering team. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with a team of optical engineers and process engineers to manage and analyze data from optical fabrication processes to identify key behaviors and establish relevant dependencies. The candidate will also be responsible for communicating and reviewing these findings with the team. Responsibilities will span working with the team to ensure data availability and integrity, performing data-mining and data interrogation, communicating findings, and working with the team to establish next steps in the technology development. A successful candidate needs to be flexible, receptive to ideas from others, team oriented, and willing to work with technologists, engineers and others to push the technology envelop. Expect this work to include collaborating with multi-functional teams responsible for crafting and producing exciting new displays and assembly technologies.
- Data professional with expertise in Data Science, Analytics, Six Sigma practices, or similar
- Experience developing data analytics systems for early-stage projects to help team learn about unknown dependencies
- Experience interfacing and networking Windows-based measurement instruments (both COTS and custom)
- Knowledge of tools such as Python, JMP, Tableau, and how to work with SQL, or similar.
- Knowledge of optics and display performance metrics (MTF, contrast, uniformity), radiometry, and photometry is a plus
- Flexible and collaborative, willing to work in fast paced technology development and prototyping environment
- Experience with reviews of work and analyses with product development team once technology development is completed
- Apply knowledge of data analytics to derive dependencies of optical performance on process and in-coming material variables - Ensure integrity in data pipeline for existing and new parameters - Work with multi-functional teams on exploring those key insights through further data collection or analysis - Build and maintain dashboards for key insights - Ensure that the data-pool is maintained appropriately - Act as prime interface for database management team and tool implementation
Education & Experience
Minimum Bachelors Degree with 5+ years of experience in data science, analytics, optical engineering, applied physics, electrical engineering or related field
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you:
- At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. Optical Data Engineer starts at a minimum annual salary of $91,800. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock.
- We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits.
- Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.