Location: Mequon - Wisconsin
We are looking for a strong technical leader to join our winning team developing the solutions of the future and ultimately helping to Expand Human Possibility.
The Senior Manager, Hardware Engineering is responsible for leading a team of development engineers and managers focused on the design of Low and Medium Voltage Drive products including drives, communication modules, user interfaces and support options. They will work cross functionally within a Scaled Agile Engineering organization and partner closely with the Lean Portfolio Management team to develop strategic product and business plans. The role will have overall general management responsibility for the team and play a key role in the development of technical talent, organizational development, and continued process improvements. Reporting into this position are the functional manager(s).
This role will primarily oversee teams working in mechanical design and control hardware supporting the full range of a highly technical multi-disciplined portfolio.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or similar technical field
- Minimum of 12 years' experience in engineering
- Minimum of 8 years in team leadership or management
- Management experience in a globally focused environment.
- Minimum of eight years working in a matrix environment - Proven ability to influence change and build effective partnerships in a matrix environment
- Effective leader with a high level of emotional intelligence and ability to inspire, lead, and raise a team to high levels of accountability and performance
- Manage a multi-function team focused on execution and technology working across many projects in a highly agile environment
- Establishes organizational goals and KPIs to measure and improve organization effectiveness
- Makes a difference in the organizations success by improving time to market for our products
- Leads a global engineering organization's process execution, people development and financial performance
- Passionate about leading and developing teams; track record of developing and promoting key talent
- Ability to operate, respond, and work in multiple time zones as required
- Masters Degree or relevant advanced degree preferred
- Experience working in a large global company with responsibility for both direct and indirect reports
- Experience with industrial drive products and applications
- Appropriate technical expertise in Mechanical and Control Hardware design.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).