Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Location: United States of America (remote)
The Lead Program Manager is responsible for ensuring programs meet and exceed business goals as a member of the global team developing new products (hardware, software and embedded software) for the industrial automation market. In this role you will manage one or more programs, each with development budgets $15-$50M per year. Programs are comprised of several project teams, typically 8-10 people, each managed by project managers/ Scrum Masters.
From within a large global organization, this role will be responsible for enabling better realization of business goals across projects/ programs by working with business, engineering and the project management organizations. Critical responsibilities include understanding the business strategies, establishing program road maps to track business value realization through incremental program milestones.
- Program management need to have clear understanding of business goals and engineering constraints as they evolve to maximize the realization of business value. This requires strong engagement with several functions, including business and engineering, to create a plan that adopts to dynamic investments, technology and market needs.
- This role will be responsible for the execution of the Agile Release Train (ART) as defined by the SAFe process, accelerating the delivery of business value, continuously managing program changes and monitoring ART velocity.
- This role will be responsible for evaluating investment risks on innovation during execution to meet business goals and managing the program uncertainty using common tools and best practices.
- Responsibility for the financial and schedule performance of assigned program and the ability to clearly communicate program priorities, expectations, complex issues and risk resolutions to cross-functional program team within the immediate business as well as across Rockwell Automation globally.
- The Program Manager must execute program related technical, interpersonal, motivational leadership and performance management of program teams through all phases of the program tracking business value changes and realization.
- This role must be able to apply the interpersonal skills required to lead, motivate and resolve conflict within a program team environment to meet program goals efficiently and ultimately meet the business goals for the program.
- Influence change and process improvements within the business, developing methods and systems for tracking program progress and present updates to business unit and senior management on progress. This position leadership is key in transforming the organization balancing processes to enable development life cycle with right level of oversight for agility and governance for realizing business value (product & system).
- This role must network and partner with business management and/or third-parties, coordinate efforts to resolve complex problems, and respond and deliver timely and cost-effective quality solutions.
- Develop business metrics for assigned programs and projects to track performance relative to business goals and success criteria. Ensure thorough familiarity with Rockwell Automation company policies and procedures. Appropriately apply policies and procedures in compliance with governmental laws
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- 12+ years' experience in software product development and leadership roles from any aspect - development, test, or engineering management, combined with experience in software and hardware project management and/or program management
- Experience working on a product development program involving more than 50 people over a several year period
- Proven experience leading multiple teams and partnering with peers to resolve conflicts, especially to obtain resources for projects. Demonstrable track record of effective communication and presentation skills
- Able to clearly and concisely communicate and present information (internally and externally) to any and all levels of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of project management terminology
- Recognized knowledge and experience with one or more software product development processes, either within Rockwell Automation or in a related industry
- PMP Certification and/ or SAFe certifications
- Experience working in SAFe Agile Release Train
- The ability to apply Rockwell Automation product and solution/system knowledge (or within a similar industry) to solve business problems
- System engineering experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).