Location: Denver - Colorado
The "Business Unit" Lead is a Commercial & Technical resource for Rockwell Automation products within their area(s) of responsibility; Software & Control. They are capable of articulating capability and benefits of the portfolio when involved in product-centric pursuits. They are responsible for maximizing the Rockwell Automation sales within their assigned geography and business, in this case Denver Territory. They are responsible for commercial support for a specific range of products within a defined geography. The "Business Unit" Lead will assist in commercial marketing activities, interface with Product Business Units, advise on proposal and pricing strategies for pursuits, and interface between customers and the Global Product Businesses. This job requires the candidate to travel 35% of time or more. Responsibilities include reporting to a Regional Business Manager, liaison responsibilities to the aforementioned business unit, collaboration on competitive strategies, pricing, and sales enablement. The business leader is responsible for creation and execution of an annual marketing plan along with peers and his/her Regional Bus Mgr.
- Provide timely information to support effective management of the business to all levels.
- Ensure regional selling resources maintain the appropriate competencies across assigned products and services.
- Co-operate with the sales force in promoting the product offering for which they are responsible.
- Plan and execute commercial programs related to product responsibility.
- Define and articulate product differentiators and values versus competition.
- Analyze competitive product lines, have knowledge of competitor's strategy, further define competitive differentiators.
- Participate in trade shows, seminars and/or similar marketing activities, ensuring technical resources are able to support.
- Lead launch of new products to the sales force and channel.
- Actively seek out and participate in both formal and informal training opportunities to continuously develop technical skills.
- Ensure market access (System Integrators and Distributors) can articulate value and identify opportunities for new products and technologies within assigned product business.
- Provide product gap and development feedback to appropriate business unit.
- Collaborate and share insights with regional and global peers.
- Understand business models, organization and go to market strategy; leverage where appropriate.
- Knowledge of the industry strategies, familiarity with outcome-based selling.
- Understands the business drivers and KPI's of the customer.
- Keep sales and customer relationship management data up to date in tools (i.e. SFA), optimizing activities by using tools consistently.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical related field or equivalent.
- Strong solution and application expertise, and related demonstrated sales experience.
- Fluency with native language and strong command of English (written & spoken).
- Ability to work with and gain confidence of senior level personnel (internal and external) in a highly collaborative, matrixed stakeholder organization.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to align and influence critical stakeholders.
- Strong supporter of our customer centricity. Understands the importance of demonstrating concern for satisfying customers. Passionate about developing goals to improve our customer experience.
- Ability to influence, empower, coach and motivate others.
- Ability to adapt communication style and messaging to different audiences
- Ability to set, be accountable for and achieve challenging targets.
- Exhibit strong teamwork, customer service and organizational skills.
- Act courageously by sharing viewpoints openly and directly with others, providing relevant and timely information and feedback, as required.
- Make sound and difficult decisions even in the face of multiple obstacles, particularly when under pressure or in high stakes situations.
- Retain and convey a positive attitude in challenging circumstances.
- Maintain a positive demeanor during periods of uncertainty, conflict and stress.
- Remain open to ideas; integrate multiple perspectives in decision-making.
- Ability to motivate others and him/herself
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for relationship building and partnership across the organization at all levels to leverage ideas, capabilities, and processes.
Information Processing Capability (Factors of Complexity)
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Leverage business insights in proposing solutions and facilitating change.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, ensuring stakeholder expectations are managed appropriately.
- Ability to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being adaptable and flexible.
- Seek out and embrace relevant perspectives when assessing a situation or making a decision; demonstrate clear understanding of multiple viewpoints.
- Distill information from disparate data sources and the capability to tell the 'story' behind it, as well as recommendations for next steps.
- Anticipate and act upon evolutionary trends in the industry and the unique adaptations required by the Company to sustain competitive advantage.
Accepts Role Requirements
- Influence and operate across a highly matrixed organization.
- Values working in a team-oriented culture and building consensus with stakeholders before making key decisions.
- Actively pursues personal continuous learning, development of skills and knowledge in job-related technical and professional areas.
- Actively participates in calls and meetings via phone or in-person, as needed.
- Travel to customers within assigned geography will be required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel 50% of time or more
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Business acumen on industry trends for manufacturing, industrial distribution, manufacturing operations, OEM market, System Integration market
- Software industry knowledgeable, Industry 4.0, Industrial Internet of Things.
- Aware of competitors and trends
- Prior or current experience working with all levels of customer persona, c-level, executive, plant management, Sellers, Customers, Owners, with knowledge of Automation technologies and services
- Marketing skills is a plus.
- Experience at planning and operationalizing execution to broad range of Sales, Business Unit, and Channel Members.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).