Location: 6032-Knoxville MainYd2400Chpmn
Waste Connections of Tennessee, Inc is looking for a high energy Welder to join our team in Knoxville, TN
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform welding and repair of trash containers and compactors as well as trash trucks in our fleet.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair containers in the yard. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Stick and MIG welding.
- Fabrication experience a plus !
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)