GNSS RF System Automation Tool Lab Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Feb 9, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200222311
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team? Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) space vehicles transmit the power of a lightbulb, they are 13000 miles away, and are moving four kilometers per second. The received signals are commonly one hundred times weaker than cosmic microwave background radiation left over from the Big Bang and arrive next to interfering signals ten billion times stronger, just few MHz away. Our GNSS team is part of Apple's wireless SOC team. Our team spans RF Systems Engineering, RFIC design, Systems Engineering, RTL design and verification, and Firmware development and test. Our focus is on highly energy efficient and robust GNSS receiver design. We develop GNSS technology that touches hundreds of millions of lives, something we are passionate about. We'd like you to consider being a part of our team. As a GNSS RF System Automation Tool Lab Engineer, you will be a member of the Cellular GNSS RF team and support the lab characterization and validation of RF SoC IP.
- The ideal candidate will have expertise in RF System concepts and procedures for wireless systems:
- 5+ years of proven experience in RF, including software design
- Expertise in test and script development (Python, PERL, C/C++)
- Knowledge of RF lab equipment like Spectrum analyzer, Network analyzer, Signal generators, power meter and VSA
- Experience with analytic platform software (Tableau or Spotfire)
- In-depth knowledge of wireless radio standards (Connectivity, Cellular or GNSS)
- You can immediately identify critical requirements and assess the impact on the RX system
- You have strong analytical and interpersonal skills with an ability to thrive in a multi-functional environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
In this role, you will be part of the outstanding Cellular GNSS RF-System Team. Your daily work includes the following tasks: - You will work with RF System Debug Engineers on : - Develop SW/code for automation and system tools - Manage and prioritize lab equipment, components, and computing infrastructure Development and execution of scripts, i.e. Python, to automate RF testing patterns and validate IC over PVT - Generation of RF design, verification, test report - Partner with RF systems and integration teams on SW, tools infrastructure and maintenance - Work with Positioning Engine (PE) on transfer of test scripts from bench to ATE (vice versa) Digital and mixed-signal IP bench-level characterization
Education & Experience
- BSEE or MSEE is required. - Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is preferred.