Embedded Software Engineer, CoreBSP
San Diego , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 9, 2021
Role Number: 200222271
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to be part of a team redefining wireless technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Apple Cellular Platform Software team is looking for an embedded software engineer passionate about device driver development at the hardware/software interface. This role involves development activities for a range of low-level device drivers that directly control hardware, i.e. digital clocks, voltage regulators, GPIOs, interrupts, buses, etc. This position requires significant collaboration with hardware designers to understand, improve, and document hardware/software interfaces and candidates must be comfortable working across both hardware and software domains.
- 5+ years Software Engineering or related work experience.
- 2+ years experience with Programming Language such as C, C++
- Demonstrated ability with Database Management Software and API
- 3+ years validated experience working in a large matrixed organization.
- Experience interacting with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above).
- Hands-on experience in processor programming, Debug, and simulation and using Emulators both in Pre-Si & Post- Si platforms
- System-On-Chip (SOC) Pre-Silicon & Post-silicon SW bring-up, SW validation
- Extensive experience in debugging and development of Hardware Dependent Software(Board Support Package: BSP)
- Strong development/coding using C, C++, with strong assembly
- Experience in using Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, and Protocol analyzers
As an Embedded Software Engineer in the Cellular platform software team, you will: Develop hardware-specific drivers and other routines that allow the RTOS to function in our SOC architecture Design and develop BSP framework software Develop state-of-the-art BSP/device drivers for modem Bring up new hardware platforms Review HW schematics and assist HW debugging Support factory testing and resolve critical issues on-site Perform modem SW integration, and stabilize the baseline Most software will be written in C and will run on a range of ARM and DSP based processors.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.