Software Engineer - Maps Frameworks and Performance Team
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 9, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200220202
Do you want to help define the future of Apple products? Are you looking to contribute to a technology that is at the very core or our users experiences found on iPhone, iPad, and AppleWATCH? Apple's Maps is seeking a hardworking software engineer to work on all aspects of software performance ranging from system daemons, 2D/3D graphics, and application UI. The qualified candidate will think clearly, innovate down to the very last details, and drive what matters. With your passion, enthusiasm, and dedication, there is no telling what you can accomplish. Join us to build a Maps experience that will delight millions of customers every day!
- Strong object-oriented programming and software design skills
- Mobile development experience
- Skilled in multi-faceted and best-practive SW performance
- Knowledge of Objective-C, C++, or Swift
- Possess the ability to have fun while sticking to our teams core values of working hard, doing the right thing, and always seeing around corners.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to learn new technologies quickly
The Core Frameworks and Performance Team is responsible for building frameworks and enhancing performance of Apple Maps on iOS, OS X, AppleTV, and Apple Watch. This role will specifically focus on software performance. Day to day work will include: - Investigation and root cause analysis of sophisticated performance issues on iOS, MacOS, WatchOS, and TV OS - Working on new features to ensure that they are performant - Building tools to aid in performance work - Benefit from opportunities to partner on a wide range of technologies, platforms, and teams across Apple products and Maps.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any related field OR Related Work Experience will be considered.
- Our engineers are responsible for Performance Enhancements, and therefore proven, hands-on work experience in a production environment would be very helpful.