Software Engineer - Maps Styling Tools
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 9, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200220927
We are looking for a creative and experienced Software Engineer to build solutions which help us meld the future of Apple Maps. As our team member, you will focus on crafting and implementing engineering solutions that empower the cartographic styling of the map while working in unison with the latest rendering techniques. We flourish when fostering strong collaboration, and therefore in this role you will enjoy partnering with an extraordinary team of designers, software developers, cartographers, and data engineers. If delivering a cultivated combination of design-sense and quality engineering which brings immersive and rich experiences for our Maps customers is exciting to you, let's talk!
- 5+ years professional software development
- Native code experience in Objective-C, C++, or Swift
- Familiarity as a user of iOS and Apple Maps
- Discerning and creative eye for HCI/UX/UI principles
- Ability to build clear and concise prototypes and specification documents
- about engineering excellence, performance, and quality
- Understanding and ability to orchestrate core computer science concepts
As a member of our team, your activities will include: - Defining standout workflows and tools needed to support the cartographic vision - Being comfortable with data driven designs and software engineering concepts - Diving into and understanding specialized technical stacks and root-cause scenarios - Articulating high-level cartographic or display concepts and creating innovative and user-friendly tools which empower developers and cartographers alike - Collaborate with your peers as you take pride and ownership in delivering delightful user experiences - We live and breathe in a codebase that has been orchestrated with performance and quality in mind - We lead by example; setting a precedence by implementing engineering best-practices and mentoring other team members.
Education & Experience
BS or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, GIS, or related field or equivalent experience will be considered.
- While the following skills are not necessary, they would be helpful in understanding our space:
- - Experience working with spatial datasets and curating them for use in a visual display would constitute an added bonus
- - Full-stack web development experience
- - Background in GIS is a huge plus