JOB POSTING Mortgage Loan Processor II
REPORTS TO: AVP, Residential Underwriting Manager
Do you want a promising and satisfying career? Are you prepared for a great opportunity? KS StateBank, a successful, forward-thinking and growing full-service bank, is ready to expand our Residential Mortgage Lending team.
As a Mortgage Loan Processor II, you will be challenged to take loan files from pre-qualification to closing. This includes inputting the loan information into our loan processing system, while ensuring that it is complete, accurate, verified and complies with company policy. You will also verify loan documents, including assets, credit, income, appraisal, cash to close and title insurance to ultimately prepare application for submittal to underwriting. Successful candidates will have a proven ability to meet crucial deadlines, manage a pipeline and be able to handle consistent communication with borrowers and third parties.
- Independently and proficiently process all files, including highly complex files, no matter the initial level of application completeness • Maintain continual and open communication with all appropriate parties to the transaction and consistently document the loan origination system will applicable correspondence
- Review and evaluate applications submitted by Mortgage Loan Originators to verify completeness of applicant data on context • Accurately re-disclose all allowable changed circumstances to the borrower in compliance with all Federal Regulations • Ensure accuracy of the third party vendor work; appraisal, title commitments and endorsements, tax transcripts, payoffs, wire
instructions, estimated closing disclosures and closing protection letter, subordination agreements, homeowners insurance, and all other applicable required documentation based on the loan product
- Pre-underwrite files (including highly complex files ) to obtain and analyze documentation in a timely fashion, regarding employment, credit, income, assets and collateral. Verify documentation meets KS StateBank, Investor and Agency Standards; ensure processing and automated underwriting systems are updated to contain appropriate, consistent, and matching system data based on supporting documentation that has been obtained
- Timely submission of file for underwriting decision; satisfy required underwriting conditions; communicate underwriting decision to Mortgage Loan Originator and applicants.
- Timely submission of approved and complete files to the closing department for closing review
- Recent mortgage experience proficient in processing FHA, VA, Conventional and USDA applications according to respective agency guidelines
- Serves as a back up to other Mortgage Loan Processors in periods of high volume, illness and/or personal time off to ensure timelines stay on track and are met
- Proactively manage personal pipeline to maximize closing date efficiency
- Meets all metrics and service level agreements
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- An associates or undergraduate degree is preferred
- Recent first mortgage processing experience, minimum of two years
TECHNICAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience working with Encompass or similar operating system
- Proficient using automated underwriting for both FNMA or FHLMC
- Knowledge of mortgage industry guidelines and regulations
- Multi-tasked, detailed and organized
- Professional and articulate verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently while managing and meeting multiple deadlines
Employee benefits include 401k, health, dental and vision insurance and paid time off. View the full job description and apply at ksstate.bank/careers.
No phone calls or fax submissions please. EOE