UMC Physicians was voted #1 place to work for in Texas
UMC Physicians of Lubbock, Texas is seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant to join their outstanding healthcare team.
If you are an ambitious and energetic person who enjoys a fast-paced customer service environment filled with challenges and opportunities, you have come to the right place.
Experienced CNA candidates and new graduates are welcome to apply.
Full time. Some positions at extended hour clinics. Multiple positions available.
The CNA works as part of the clinic provider team, assists the physician or nurse practitioner in the provision of primary health care, and provides invaluable support to the patient and the medical team. The CNA is responsible for technical skills encompassing patient care and related tasks and provides appropriate delegated nursing care to patients, under the guidance and supervision of a licensed vocational nurse or health care provider. The CNA performs activities that assist physicians, mid-level providers, nursing personnel and radiology technicians.
· Basic Life Support certification.
· Current CPR Certification
· Certified Nursing Assistant license from an approved medical assistant training program. 1-year experience in a clinic setting is preferred.
· Full range of body motion, including lifting and handling patients.
· Manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
· Ability to stand and walk for extensive periods of time.
· Correct vision and hearing to normal ranges.
· Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· High school diploma or equivalent combination of education required.
· Completion of a training program and certificate highly desirable.
· Knowledge of heath care regulations and preventative measures (HIPAA confidentiality, infection spread, etc.)
· Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, laboratory and treatment room procedures.
· Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written instructions.
· Ability to read and write medical terminology.
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
· Ability to take and record vital signs, maintain records, and record results.
· Ability to conduct business in a professional manner with exemplary customer service.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. Bilingual is a plus.
· Knowledge of quality control.
· Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively; ability to think critically.
· Ability to work as a team with other members of the clinic.
· Ability to be empathetic with patients and maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to work irregular hours.
Essential Job Functions:
· Delivering direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established procedures.
· Documenting history; recording and reporting pertinent observations and patient reactions to staff, as appropriate; documenting lab procedures and ensuring follow up on results.
· Using screening procedures, including medical history review, and observing and documenting patient vital signs as required.
· Maintaining quality results by running standards and controls.
· Preparing exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
· Verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble-shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
· Training other technicians or workers.
· Assisting with or instituting emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatments.
· Performing other duties as assigned.
About UMC Physician:
- Ranked #1 for 2020 as Best Company for work for in Texas
- Consistently the Best Place to Work and the Best Place to Receive Healthcare
- Great Benefits
- Exciting Opportunities
- Friendly and Supportive Work Environment
- Robust Training Program
- 3 Health Insurance Plans: Premium, Basic or High Deductible plans
- Paid Time Off with Buy-Back Option Bi-annually over 80 hours
- Paid Sick Time
- 401K plans with up to 4% company match
- Free Life Insurance
- Tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and/or Dependent Care
Click to Apply now!