Performs preventive and corrective maintenance procedures with general supervision on diagnostic, laboratory, and therapeutic medical equipment throughout the Medical Center.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Under general supervision, repairs, calibrates, cleans, and safety checks all classes of Biomedical equipment in accordance with manufacturer specifications.
- Maintains records of maintenance, inventory and safety inspection activities in accordance with departmental policies.
- Disposes of hazardous waste in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Follows all safety procedures.
- Associates Degree in biomedical equipment technology, or electronics is preferred.
- One year of experience in a hospital setting preferred
- Must have working knowledge of the following pieces of equipment: general office equipment, safety analyzer, digital multimeter, hand truck, AC line analyzer, photo light meter, service terminal, patient simulator, defibrillator analyzer, ESU analyzer pressure meter, tachometer, flowmeter, infusion pump analyzer.
- Must have own vehicle, be willing to use it for work and be reimbursed for mileage, have a valid Maryland driver's license, and a driving record with no more than two (2) points.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.