Cross trained position. Assigned primarily to specific functions but flexes to cover various duties during vacation, illness or other staff absence. Works independently with little direct supervision, exhibiting solid decision-making and judgment. Interacts in professional manner with PFS department members, hospital and external peers, occasionally leadership on special projects as determined by PFS management.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Actively adheres to regulatory and governmental agency requirements regarding billing, refunds and reimbursement.
- Manages Electronic and Manual Cash Posting and Account Refunds.
- Verifies Patient Insurance Coverage, Treatment authorization and benefits including pre-registration for surgical services.
- Notifies Financial Counseling or Collector of copays, deductibles and coinsurance as well as changes that may impact the patient's financial course.
- Provide coverage during staff absences. Covers for other Finance Team members as well as Cashier, Insurance Verifications, Customer Service, Financial Counseling and Clerical functions.
- Acts as liaison with Collection Agencies and external vendors in resolving billing and disputed patient bills.
- Assists PFS Leadership and Team Leads with special projects as needed.
- Reconciles daily cash and month end reports for communication to Finance as needed.
- Follows Standard Work Daily as defined by Department Procedures.
- Assures document scanning is completed daily.
- One year experience in hospital billing in automated setting.
- Numerical skills and previous Billing/Accounts receivable systems experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.