The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for ensuring that visual communication strategy and brand standards are met. The Senior Graphic Designer has expertise in conceptualizing creative solutions and developing design concepts, particularly in regards to communicating business objectives of the organization. The Senior Graphic Designer develops a comprehensive strategy for print and digital campaigns, communications plans and initiatives health system-wide.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) Produces high quality work and ensures visual communication and brand standards are met. Balances competing priorities and multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines. Responsible for the development, maintenance and organization of the PR/Marketing assets within the brand portal.
2) Meets department and client budget requirements by monitoring expenses, procuring estimates, adjusting design accordingly and implementing other cost-saving actions. Provides accurate time and cost estimates for each tactic to remain within or under project budget. Manages the creative process from concept to completion to keep projects on budget and on time.
3) Provides supervision to agency partners to ensure all jobs meet health system standards, deadlines and provides support/direction on design issues requested throughout the health system. Trains others on work processes.
4) Determines technical requirements of productions or projects. Advises clients on all technical visual recommendations and/or issues.
5) Initiates and develops high-quality creative solutions, strategy and designs in various mediums for projects that deliver compelling content in line with strategic/operational initiatives defined in the Annual Operating Plan.
6) Develops creative solutions and strategies to uphold core understanding of accessibility and compliance guidelines, user-experience and empathy, and how to relate our brand with current culture and design best practices. Studies, evaluates, and re-designs processes and implements change to improve quality.
7) Applies strong working knowledge of designing for and meeting level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and familiarity of common assistive technologies. Relates these best practices and design to guide user-centric experiences.
8) Partners closely with account managers and director of PR and Marketing to define creative strategies and concepts, plan/execute production processes and ensure brand and visual consistency across the health system. Collaborates with internal and external constituents to develop or refine designs and objectives. Makes recommendations for additions or changes to graphic and brand standards as appropriate.
9) Identifies and makes recommendations for appropriate software and processes in support of publication or promotional projects. Serves as technical resource person regarding design hardware and software. Evaluates the need for new equipment and software as needed.
10) Manages and maintains all freelance agencies, photographers, illustrators, designers and Mac consultant contacts, adhering to all budgets and providing professional high-quality products.
A specialized degree or bachelor of fine arts in design or advertising preferred. Internal and external customer interaction is required. Must be extremely well organized, capable of prioritizing and managing multiple, unrelated tasks simultaneously. Experience supporting a large organization (more than 25 people) with multiple departments is preferred. Must have experience in job coordination, with the ability to coordinate large projects. Individual should have demonstrated initiative to organize or improve workflow and business processes.
Minimum Required Experience: Ten to twelve years of experience in design in marketing and corporate environments and knowledge of high-level creative strategies and brand management.
Strong knowledge of design software, user experience design, accessibility standards, video production, vendor negotiation, and evolving media landscape.
Understanding of web and IT platforms and ability to engage in evolving technologies.
Strong analytical skills and decision making skills.
Experience co-producing creative with advertising agencies and collaborating to ensure brand consistency.
Experience in leading people and processes and use of leadership abilities to positively influence decisions.
Change management expertise. Strong organization skills. Project management entailing multiple stakeholders. Excellent listening and verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Experience: Healthcare experience preferred.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.