Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 10, 2021
Role Number: 200222608
Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Emerging Technologies team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- 6+ years of Program management experience in Software Development, with proven track record in coordinating sophisticated application development cycles and schedules
- Experience with Agile software development and project management methodology
- Experience with partner management and interaction with C-level executives
- Understand and deal well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills with the ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience, coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Software development experience, knowledge of networking and network architecture is a requirement.
- Security proven experience is helpful.
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive demeanor
Excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions Help set strategy, execute on schedule, and be responsible for leading/communicating status and issues along the way. Drive day-to-day program activities, development planning, execution, and risk assessments to meet overall program objectives for development projects. Interact with C-Level executives on program roadmaps, goals, and communicate key developments and updates on new projects. Communicate status and the big picture to the project team and multi-functional partners. Work with our internal development teams to define technical objectives and development goals for production-bound and prototype development efforts, then manage and track the development schedule to realize these goals. Interface and collaborate with multi-functional development partners to drive technical alignment, schedule alignment, and issue resolution. Develop and iterate on standard methodologies to increase development efficiency while staying aligned with Apple development practices. Outstanding interpersonal skills, for collaborating across many participating teams. You will interact with many internal teams to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
Education & Experience
MS or BS with 6+ years of proven experience in related Engineering subject area, MBA a plus.