Senior QA Engineer, AR Applications
Boulder , Colorado , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 11, 2021
Role Number: 200222790
At Apple, we strive to build the best products and experiences that enrich people's lives. Apple's Technology Development Group is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including the Augmented Reality (AR) support offered in ARKit. As a member of our dynamic organization, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft new products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day!
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, and testing tools
- Proactive self-starter with a keen eye for details with focus on end-user experiences and ability to go above and beyond to ensure a high quality release
- Experience developing detailed test plans, assessing risks, filing detailed defect reports, and providing relevant data for test reporting
- Troubleshoot, triage and provide detailed debug information for expediting issue resolution
- Experience testing large technology stacks with many software and hardware components
- Ability to drive cross-functional communications, understanding dependencies while also ensuring a tight timeline can be maintained
- Experience learning new tools/technologies and using UNIX Shell / command-line tools as well as Xcode to build/deploy projects
In this role, you will be responsible for shipping world-class user experiences and act as the voice of our end-users. As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will support testing of multiple features and drive the quality via extensive hands-on functional testing of user-facing features and systems.You will be responsible for setting the bar high, going beyond ensuring a great experience and helping ship robust and amazing products. You'll need to take an active role in shaping the quality of our software. This will demand deep integration with our development engineers, developing test plans and user studies, bug triaging, and supporting design reviews. You will also work closely with the Automation team to prioritize and expedite automation initiatives.
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Ability to design user-studies and perform qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Experience with testing consumer electronics, mobile applications and experiences
- Understanding of 3D graphics and graphics pipeline
- Knowledge of Apple Platform development using Xcode, Swift, and Objective C preferred but not necessary
- Familiarity with gaming engines and platforms such as Unity, Unreal
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you: At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. [Software Developer in Test starts at a minimum [annual salary of $115,000]. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Every Apple employee also has the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder, because all team members are eligible for stock grants and also a discount when purchasing Apple stock. We offer all kinds of ways to experience well-being, confidence, and satisfaction. Learn more about Apple benefits. Note: Apple benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.