CoreMedia Editing Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 10, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200221277
The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including iPhone, AppleTV, Apple Watch, iPad, iPod, AirPods, Macs as well as professional and consumer applications from Final Cut to iWork. IMG takes the media experience to the next level on the iOS, tvOS, watchOS, macOS and Windows platforms with technologies such as AVFoundation, CoreMedia, CoreAudio, CoreAnimation and Metal. Our team is responsible for implementing software services around linear audiovisual media. This includes local media playback, video-on-demand and live streaming of multimedia content. Our media engine is used across Apple products such as Safari, Photos, Music, Videos, iMovie on iOS and macOS as well as 3rd party applications.
- 6+ experience in a large a software development organization
- Experience with real-time multithreaded programming
- Proficient in C/C++
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Proven understanding of compositing pipeline that takes care of multiple video and audio assets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You will be a dedicated, detail-oriented professional with excellent interpersonal skills and appropriate in a fast-paced environment. You will work on media editing and compositing engine for playback and export workflows. You will follow good software development practices and put strong emphasis on producing high-quality, well-tested software. You will interface and collaborate with various teams to come up with innovative, clean and maintainable solutions that can be delivered in a timely manner. You will thrive in a high-paced environment.
Education & Experience
Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent
- Desired but not required:
- Experience using the AVFoundation or CoreMedia frameworks or equivalent technologies is a plus
- Experience using CoreImage and CoreAnimation frameworks.
- Understanding of color processing and HDR technology is a plus
- Strong object-oriented programming skills
- Experience with performance analysis and optimization
- Familiarity with Objective-C, Swift and Xcode is a plus iOS and/or macOS software development experience preferred