Waste Connections, Inc. has immediate openings for a high energy Diesel Mechanic to join the team at our Hauling location in Tampa FL. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
This will be a Monday - Friday position working 3:00 PM - 3:00 AM and every other Saturday.
Great pay plus we offer family benefits, 401k, vacation, and year round work. OT
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred or the ability to obtain in the future
- Minimum 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience a huge plus!
- Computer experience a Plus!
- VETERANS are encouraged to apply!
Do not stop by or call our local office.
Please apply online at www.wasteconnections.com.
If you have any problems filling out the application call Pete Carreon at (see application details)
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans