Property Management company seeks full-time Maintenance Specialist for North LA region. The ideal candidate would reside in the Alexandria area. Under the direction of the Senior Maintenance Specialist, position travels daily to plan, prioritize, assign, inspect, review, and participate in the maintenance of assigned apartment complexes.
- Travels daily throughout Louisiana. A car allowance is provided.
- Provides training, coaching, and support to staff regarding maintenance activities.
- Assists with troubleshooting maintenance problems that are beyond the Site Operations team’s ability.
- Performs the duties of a Maintenance Technician when necessary.
- Assigns tasks to on-site staff and sets deadlines for completion.
- Responds to after-hours emergency calls when necessary.
- Conducts apartment and property inspections according to assigned schedules.
- Prepares complexes for upcoming reviews by conducting thorough walk-throughs of complexes.
- Prepares reports of findings, identifies corrective actions, and ensure outstanding items are resolved prior to reviews. Travels to complexes to serve as a management representative at reviews.
- Works with Regional Supervisor to schedule Maintenance Technicians to work at complexes with excessive workloads or staff vacancy. Adjusts own schedule to ensure maintenance coverage at complexes.
- Participates in the selection and hiring of maintenance technicians.
- Oversees and assists with managing property emergencies such as inclement weather, police activity, fires, and floods.
- Must be available 24/7 should emergency situations arise.
The minimum requirements for the job include:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience & Training:
- Three or more years of progressively responsible experience in supervision of maintenance and operations and/or facilities is required.
- Construction experience preferred.
- HVAC certification preferred.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of hand tools and small power tools.
- Possesses adequate knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and HVAC standard practices.
- Familiarity with Fair Housing Laws and ADA preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Other Qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled in the use of computers, email, fax, scanner, and software applications.
- Working knowledge of computer software and systems: Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint.
- Possess global thinking skills and also be sensitive to the needs of staff and the people we serve.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with staff and the public.
- Ability to concentrate on intricate detail with some interruption.
- Ability to read, interpret, and analyze government regulations.
- Must be able to understand and relate the concepts behind specific ideas and policies to others.
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to handle emergency and pressure sensitive situations due to complexity and time sensitivity when resolving problems.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $40,000 annual salary
- Eligible for health, dental, and life insurance benefits.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays are provided.
- Car allowance provided. Will eventually transition into a company-provided vehicle.
- Criminal, credit, DMV history, and reference checks will be run prior to starting employment.