Thursday, February 11, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than
260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies
, WordStream, and
and U.K. media company Newsquest.
There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit
Gannett is searching for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our B2B team, LOCALiQ, and play a key role in designing and building the next generation of products that service our digital advertising customers. The role is currently remote, with team members in Washington DC, Boston, and Denver.
This is an excellent opportunity to have major impact with your ideas and designs as we rethink our product ecosystem. As a member of our B2B team, you will lead initiatives that transform the way businesses manage their digital marketing and online presence. You will work on cross-functional teams with designers, product managers, engineers, and sales and CSM associates to shape the future of our products.
The ideal candidate for this role will be excited about being involved from concept to completion, and will own the strategy, design, and delivery of multiple products that empower our customers to achieve their goals and take their business to the next level.
In this role, you will:
- Own all parts of the product design process including strategy, research, ideation, wireframes and prototypes, user testing, and full-fidelity visual designs
- Use design methodologies (research, workshop facilitation, prototyping, and more) to identify product opportunities and unmet customer needs
- Collaborate with the design team and product leadership to understand our toughest business challenges and create strategy and vision for a cohesive suite of products
- Translate insights and strategy into conceptual prototypes, and use these artifacts to clearly communicating your vision, discoveries, and design decisions, influencing stakeholders and creating excitement around ideas and initiatives
- Work with the design team to create and maintain a unified design system that will be used across our product ecosystem
- Foster strong relationships with our sales and CSM teams that will help us understand their needs, our business, the industry, and our customers
- Partner with product managers to understand user needs, business goals and technology constrains; and collaborate to define problems/opportunities, scope, deliverables, and timeline
- Work hand-in-hand with our engineers to implement designs, assure visual quality, answer questions, and fix bugs
- Collaborate with the marketing team as we define our core customers, determine how to best position our products, and decide how we manifest our brand
- Help shape team culture, provide leadership and mentorship, and inspire other designers to do their best work
- Stay on top of design trends, technology, and tools that will shape our design process, and share insights and recommendations with the design team and cross-functional partners
- Collaborate with, learn from, influence, and create lasting relationships with the greater B2C USA TODAY design team
Youll be a great fit for this role if:
- You are a systems-thinker, with excellent attention to detail, and appreciation for patterns, consistency, and quality
- You are both a self-starter and team-oriented, with a willingness to teach and learn
- You can quickly understand complex concepts and are skilled at making the complex simple and easy to digest
- You have curiosity and willingness to learn, and are comfortable asking tough questions to help clarify assumptions
- You are an expert designer with the ability to iterate rapidly at different levels of fidelity (e.g., sketches, wireframes, UI designs)
- You have excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills, and have experience influencing stakeholders, driving consensus, and motivating teams
- You can facilitate discussions, workshops, and working sessions to identify design opportunities and validate possible solutions
- You are able to navigate ambiguity, can define long-term vision and strategy while understanding near term business goals and technology constraints, and can quickly pivot when new information arises
- You have experience collecting and interpreting research (qualitative and quantitative) and let data guide, but not make, your design decisions
- You have a deep understanding of usability principles and practices applied to interaction and visual design
- You thrive on collaboration with cross-functional teams, know how to speak their language, and know how to work hand-in-hand to ship solutions together
- 4-7 years experience with end-to-end product/UX design
- B2B product experience and/or familiarity with online advertising or digital marketing considered a plus
- A portfolio of work clearly showing your involvement, the design process and the final product
- Demonstrable experience in all phases of the design process including strategy, user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Deep understanding of design thinking, research methodologies, human-centered design processes
- Practical experience working closely and collaboratively with developers and product managers in an agile environment
- Previous experience creating or using styles, components, and design systems and an understanding of Googles Material Design UI
- Extensive experience using Sketch, Invision, UserTesting.com, and other design tools
Gannett Co., Inc.
is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.