The Senior Director of Revenue Cycle Information Systems is responsible for the management and delivery of all information systems within the functions of Ambulatory and Inpatient billing, Finance and Materials Management and all related financial/operational areas of the Health System (HRIS, Access). This also includes work on (but not limited) to any state-wide initiatives and the organization's Collaborative Care Network. While the position's primary focus is to develop the vision for the solutions for, while managing the systems of, the entire Revenue Cycle continuum at the Health System, it is also expected to be a part of Senior Leadership and periodically provide updates to the system's executive leaders. To that end, the Senior Director also ensures that short and long range goals in support of the implementation of operational strategies of the Health System are achieved.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides leadership and direction in definition of vision and strategies for the Revenue Cycle and other supported operational functions, from the digital perspective, in conjunction with the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
- Manages all aspects of delivery, solution development, acquisition, implementation, integration and support for ambulatory and hospital billing information systems, in addition to the Access (and related) EHR module service offerings for Luminis Health.
- Manages all aspects of delivery, solution development, acquisition, implementation, integration and support for ERP and HRIS systems, in support of the Finance, Materials Management, HR, and other operational functions of the org.
- Applies knowledge of key regulatory requirements and funding opportunities in the delivery of ambulatory and inpatient billing and access information system service offerings.
- Manages all capital projects related (but not limited to) Epic EHR, PeopleSoft ERP, HRIS, and other vendor systems under oversight (with the Project Team's Manager reporting up to this role directly).
- Develops staff and middle-management structures, skills and competencies to deliver information system service offerings; maintains a succession plan for the Sr. Director and any other management roles in the group.
- Creates structures that allow for organized and transparent regularly-scheduled Sprints. This includes a dashboard to show team's work queue and activity to the CIO and other leadership.
- Serves as the leader and participant for various project assignments as directed by the CIO and responds as required to requests from peer IS/IT leaders.
- Responds to referred inquiries and complaints from system users and all other customers; resolves significant issues and makes recommendations to Chief Information Officer in collaboration with other IS leaders for resolution.
- Plans for, participates in, and oversees all EHR, ERP, and HRIS expansion activities as brought on by the organizational expansion.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in a Manager role (or 2 years' experience in a Director role) over a team responsible for a backbone hospital information system (EHR, ERP) required.
- At least 8 years' overall experience in a healthcare environment, within IT functions that interact with clinical or financial operations.
- Experience with Epic, especially on the Billing side, highly-preferred.
- Experience with EHR workflows, their intersection with Access, HR, and Materials Management highly preferred.
- Experience overseeing major capital project (information system) implementation highly preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and presentation skills.
- Computer literacy required, working knowledge of Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.