Senior Full Stack Engineer - Location Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 11, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200222379
Join the Sensing and Connectivity team to work on cutting-edge Location Technologies that power critical experiences on Apple products. We build highly innovative and deeply impactful location features such as GPS/GNSS solutions, Proximity Sensing that uses UWB (U1) chipset, Indoor Location using WiFi and iBeacon with Bluetooth - among many more. You will be directly working on the new generation of Apple products such as Phones, iPads, Watches and many more. Your work on the test and qualification of our features directly impacts the lives of our billion-strong user base. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire our customers. We're looking for an individual to help us build full-stack web applications and data analysis pipelines to enhance the way we visualize our test data. You would also help with end to end automation of the features along with building test infrastructure. Are you highly technical, a strong communicator, collaborative, and have great programming skills? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
- Expertise in at least one scripting language such as Python, Perl, or TCL.
- Experience with RESTful API usage and development
- Good understanding of at least one web framework (Django, Flask, Rails, etc)
- Experience with non-relational, NoSQL databases and various other data-storage systems (such as Cassandra, Elastic, Postgres, FoundationDB, object stores)
- Strong understanding of how to optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, dedicated and solution-oriented individual
Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development, from design and analysis to development, implementation and maintenance. As a full stack software engineer you will develop and maintain highly reliable and scalable web services and UIs that enable users to understand test data. Understand product requirements, engage with team members and customers to define solutions, and estimate the scope of work required. Deliver solutions that can keep up with a rapidly evolving product in a timely fashion. Collaborate with, mentor, and influence members within your team and across other teams at Apple.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree(B.S) or Masters (M.S) in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Big Data ecosystem technologies such Spark, hive, oozie, Kafka, and Map Reduce Experience with data-processing technologies is a plus. Familiarity with deployment and visualization of geographic information (such as GeoJSON or the GeoTIFF image format) a plus.