Location: Omaha - Nebraska
The Field Support Engineer/Representative is responsible for providing field services to support the engineering, installation, start-up, maintenance and operation of automation control systems, drive and motion applications, manufacturing systems, industrial networks and the individual products which comprise these systems.
The FSE will have minimal day-to-day supervision and direction and frequently works independently to optimize work activities to generate appropriate revenue while also providing the highest level of field support to our customers.
Provide field services supporting the engineering, migration, installation support, start-up, maintenance and production operation of automation control systems, drive systems, manufacturing systems, industrial networks and the individual products that comprise these systems.
Position requires minimal day-to-day supervision and direction, and frequently works independently to optimize work activities and revenue generation while providing field engineering service support to our clients and customers.
Field services provided may include:
- Provision of construction and installation guidance
- Product start-up, system integration support, system start-up and production optimization
- Project and site management support including management of project activities such as scheduling, budgeting and resources to ensure that the project meets the customers and Rockwell's expectations.
- Identification and correction of hardware failures, firmware problems and programming deficiencies
- Identification of failures with associated equipment not supplied by Rockwell Automation
- Instruction/training of customers on proper use, operation and maintenance
- On-call emergency service support and remote diagnosis and troubleshooting assistance
- Development, implementation and execution of predictive and preventive maintenance programs and RA Service Agreements
- May include an assignment as a resident field engineer/representative embedded on-site at a customer's facility
- Provide field services as directed by local CSM management. This will include working overtime hours or providing services during the 2nd or 3rd shift. Travel to work sites remote from the service engineer/representative's field office city location will also be required. Work assignments at remote city locations may be for extended periods of time.
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid drivers license
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology field
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Engineering and Design experience with ControlLogix, Kinetix motion control
- PLC programming utilizing RSLogix 5000, 500, 5 software
- HMI application development utilizing RSView ME/SE and RSView32
- Experience with EtherNet/IP and Stratix Switch configuration
- Experience with PowerFlex AC Drives including start-up and troubleshooting.
- Familiar with ControlNet, DeviceNet
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).