Location: Columbus - Ohio
Role Purpose:Technical project lead for MES projects
- Lead and review all assigned engineering team and their assigned tasks for a project
- Assign tasks, monitor performance, review results, coordinate efforts, and track hours usage on project
- Prepare technical aspects of project schedules
- Prepare technical aspects of supplier RFQ's and review corresponding quotations
- Direct point of contact with customer for all technical aspects of the project
- Manage and control technical documentation and ensure adherence to all quality/ISO processes
On smaller projects where the Project Engineer does not have a specific SME's/principle Engineers will also carry out the following
- Analyzes customer's requirements to determine the MES system solution and determine applicable hardware and software control configuration/architecture
- Performs conceptual MES systems design, determination of information system strategy to meet customers' requirements while complying with industry codes/standards and assure that personnel/machinery safety practices are implemented
- Oversee integration of 3rd party hardware and control systems
- Write technical specifications and project reports as required
- Visit 3rd party suppliers and/or panel shops to assess progress, provide technical assistance and carry out inspections
- Carry out internal and customer system testing
- Provide on-site MES system start-up as required.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Bachelor degree in Engineering discipline
- Experience using Rockwell Automation products and software for the design of Factory Talk Production Centre MES systems (or equivalent MES systems)
- Related MES system application experience - 8 years' experience
- Technical writing capabilities
- Presentation skills
- Communicates in a professional manner
- Effectively manages his/her own natural reactions so there are no behaviors getting in the way of his/her effectiveness
- Self-starter and ability to complete tasks independently, on time
- Team player with the ability to integrate with other team project members
Information Processing Capability (Factors of Complexity)
- Complete tasks independently with a high level of accuracy and on-time. Multi-tasking may be required.
- Understanding the scope of the project and taking the appropriate actions to meet the schedule and required specifications
- Is open to change and is a relentless and versatile learner.
- Ability to process project information and where possible foresee/address potential issues as early as possible to minimize impact.
Accepts Role Requirements
- Travel to support business/project needs
- Possible overtime during critical project activities
- Timely completion of company training (Safety, Ethics, role specific) and project time recording
- Understand the expectations of the position and time commitments in order to complete tasks on-time
- Attends, participates in the preparation and presentation of technical papers in industry symposiums and trade shows, as applicable
- Direct interface with customer and suppliers for all technical aspects
Key Performance Metrics
- Engineering quality
- Project schedule impacted by timeliness of Engineering designs
- Project budget impacting by Engineering design
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).