HID Algorithms Engineer (Signal Processing Focus)
San Diego , California , United States
Posted: Feb 12, 2021
Role Number: 200223152
Join the innovative engineering team that uses sensor signal processing to produce the next generation of human interfaces for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and exciting new products. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, including signal and image processing, statistics, machine learning, controls, physics, firmware and software development, neuroscience, and human factors. We are looking for a hardworking algorithm engineer who works well in cross-disciplinary teams over a full product cycle. HID operates at the intersection of hardware, software, and design. This means that the wide variety of problems you will solve have many interesting facets and you will get to work with specialists from all across Apple.
- TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE - You should have significant experience with the following:
- Algorithm design and development for classification, filtering, noise modeling, signal processing, or control
- Processing and analyzing complex data, e.g. for machine learning, signal processing, or statistics
- Building mathematical models in Python, MATLAB, R, or a similar high-level language
- Strong theoretical knowledge of fundamental DSP concepts such as Adaptive filtering, linear algebra, and statistics
- Excellent communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- WE WOULD APPRECIATE ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE WITH:
- Working with embedded or resource-constrained systems, and with C or C++
- Control systems, optimization, or other applied mathematical techniques
- Familiarity with Python or other high-level languages
- Experience with object-oriented programming and common design patterns
- Experience with content management systems, especially Git
- Electrical engineering and hardware design experience
We are looking for a signal or image processing specialist with working knowledge of probabilistic modeling, statistics, and state machines. You must possess strong programming skills in functional and mathematical modeling languages. As a HID algorithm engineer you will combine skills from a variety of fields to solve complex data processing and sensing challenges. The process starts early in a product's lifecycle as we explore what might be possible and identify challenges and their potential solutions, then continues as we rapidly iterate on cleaning and analyzing data, building and testing algorithms, and finishes with detailed implementation, analysis, and validation. You should have excellent mathematical skills and experience working with algorithms and data, be proficient at programming, and have a desire to work closely with others in a multi-functional team. In return, you will get to work on challenging and fascinating problems with hardworking co-workers, and ship great solutions at scale.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. (or M.S.) in EE, CS, Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, or another engineering or technical field Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.