AI/ML - Program Manager Lead, Data Acquisition
Seattle , Washington , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Feb 12, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200220652
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly...and we are looking for people like you! Apple is looking for a manager to build the program office for the next phase of our Data Collection Program all in a privacy-preserving manner. The successful candidate will be a specialist in understanding data collections, have a proven record of efficiently operationalizing and automating high-volume data collection programs, and will have experience both building and mentoring a strong team of program managers. They will exercise their creativity working with the data collection team and teams across Apple to develop new methods for collecting data to scale our programs globally. This candidate will be responsible for tracking, reporting, and analyzing data collection projects through their full life cycle, from capture to annotation and consumption. Strong collaboration and technical skills are a must. The ability to translate sophisticated technical requirements into meaningful, reproducible data collections is crucial.
- 8+ years of experience leading or supporting data collection for machine learned system, including speech recognition.
- Demonstrated skill delivering multiple data collection programs on time, on budget, and at high quality.
- Demonstrated data-driven decision making skills including experience leading metrics-driven projects or programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across the organization
- Demonstrated technical skills including experience with python building tools for streamlining data collection process.
- Strong communication and presentation abilities, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail is a requirement.
- Management experience.
Day to day responsibilities include leading all aspects of the delivery of many concurrent data collection programs, working with product teams to plan future collections, and mentoring and managing data collection program managers. Taking a metrics-driven approach to data and quality will be key; you'll partner with both our annotation and product teams to make data collection happen.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent.