Data Engineer, Apple Media Products Data Science & Analytics - Austin
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 12, 2021
Role Number: 200223347
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products and services. If you are a self- motivated and energetic person who is not afraid of challenges, we are looking for you! Apple is seeking a Data Engineer to join the Data Science & Analytics Organization for Apple Media Products (AMP), covering the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Podcasts, and other services. This role will drive data engineering for large-scale data science and machine learning initiatives across numerous AMP products. AMP collaborates with executives and various partners across product, design, engineering, and business teams: Our mission is to drive innovation at Apple through in-depth quantitative research of the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV and Apple Podcasts.
- Background in computer science, mathematics, or similar quantitative field with a minimum of 4-6 years professional experience
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., Python, Java, Scala) and rock-solid SQL skills
- Experience with workflow scheduling / orchestration such as Airflow or Oozie
- Demonstrated ability in Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive etc...).
- Spark experience preferred.
- We seek the ability to design and implement effective testing and operations strategies for data pipelines and data products
- Data visualization experience with tools like Tableau a plus
- Experience on Kubernetes, Docker preferred.
Translate business requirements by business team into data and engineering specifications Build scalable data sets based on engineering specifications from the available raw data and derive business metrics/insights Work with engineering and business partners to define and implement the data engagement relationships required with partners Analyze complex data sets, identify and formulate correlational rules between heterogeneous sources for effective analytics Process, clean and validate the integrity of data used for analysis Develop Python and Shell Scripts for data ingestion from external data sources for business insights
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field. Ideally, Masters or Ph.D. in a related field.