Location: 2411-Alaska Waste Anchorage
Customer Service Representative
Alaska Waste, a Waste Connections company, is looking for a Customer Service Representative for our Anchorage, AK location!
The schedule will be Monday-Friday from 8am to 5pm or 7:30am-4:30pm. Pay will start at $16.25 per hour.
Waste Connections has many stable opportunities for qualified and motivated individuals who want to be part of a dynamic organization. We provide competitive benefits and lots of room for individual growth as the company expands. Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative and creativity. Join us and be a part of a winning team!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer disputes & demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use of proprietary operational systems.
- Interviews customers and records interview information into computer for customer service, talks with customers by phone and in person, to receive orders for installation, turn on, discontinuance, or change in service.
- Fills out contract forms, determines charges for service requested, collects deposits, prepares change of address records and issues discontinuance orders.
- Demonstrate effective use of software applications, at a minimum MS Word and Excel proficient.
- Delivers services to customers in a manner that promotes goodwill. Interacts with customers and Waste Connections employees to determine service requirements and resolve problems or complaints.
- Work in a fast paced, cooperative, high call volume environment. Solicit sale of new or additional services.
- Cover for the reception desk when necessary.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work environment is an office setting. Areas are clean, ventilated, and well lighted. Our Customer Service Reps normally have their own workstation or cubicle space and are equipped with a telephone, headset, and computer.
- CSR call areas can be noisy and work may be repetitious and stressful, with little time in between calls, while still providing excellent service. Some calls are evaluated to ensure high standards.
- Also, long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen are common.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2 years of Customer Service experience.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Email preferred. Typing and 10-key skills are required.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems. Gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Willingness and ability to work remotely during Covid-19 temporary remote working protocols.
- Access to high speed internet in remote workspace during Covid-19 temporary remote working protocols.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)