Hiring Announcement: Police Officer Lower Providence Township, Montgomery County, Pa, is currently accepting resumes for the position of full-time police officer.
To be considered, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be at least 21 years of age by the deadline for submitting a resume
• Be a resident of Pennsylvania at the time of appointment
• Possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license at the time of appointment
• Possess a high school diploma or GED
• Be a U.S. Citizen
• Be physically and mentally fit to perform the duties of a police officer
• Have completed Act 120 training through an academy certified by the PA Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission (MPOETC) and be able to meet the certification standards of the MPOETC as required by PA Act 120; or qualify for a waiver of training
• Successfully complete an oral interview, medical, psychological, and polygraph exams and a thorough background investigation.
Lower Providence Township complies with all Equal Opportunity Employment and Americans with Disabilities Act requirements. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration as to their ability to perform the essential functions of the position.