OFFICIAL EXAMINATION NOTICE
TOWNSHIP OF WILKINS
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
Public notice is hereby given that the Civil Service Commission of the Township of Wilkins will be conducting an examination for a full time police officer. Applications may be obtained at the Wilkins Township Municipal Building, 110 Peffer Road, Turtle Creek, PA 15145, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Applications may also be obtained at www.wilkinstownship.com (“Help Wanted” tab). The fully completed application form and all required documentation must be received via hand delivery or certified mail, return receipt requested, by Wilkins Township on or before April 2, 2021 at 4:30 P.M.. Applications received after 4:30 P.M. on April 2, 2021 will not be considered. The following requirements shall apply to all applicants:
1. Verification that applicant is at least 21 years old at the time of application.
2. Verification of application for employment, including affirmation that the
application is completed truthfully.
3. Photocopy of current, valid Pennsylvania motor vehicle operators license issued
by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
4. Applicant must be a citizen of the United States of America
5. Verification that applicant has been certified to act immediately as an active police officer in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania based upon successful completion at the time of application of what is commonly referred to as Act 120 training.
6. A statement that the applicant is physically and mentally fit for police duty, as set forth in the Essential Duties of a Police Officer form included with the application.
7. Verification of high school diploma or graduate equivalency diploma (GED), in addition to which the applicant shall possess one of the following:
1) A minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 1 year of continuous service as a Full Time Police Officer with a municipal policy agency or
2) A minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 2 years of continuous part time service as a police officer with a municipal police agency.
8. If applicant is requesting Veteran’s Preference under Pennsylvania law, proof of honorable discharge from military service.
9. Non refundable application fee in the amount of $25.00 to be paid at the time the application is picked up or requested from the Township.
10. The starting salary for a full-time police officer in Wilkins Township is currently set at $42,088.80 for the first year, increasing over five years to $88,608.00.
11. Applicants who are finalists for the Eligibility List must undergo physical and psychological testing, background and credit investigation.
12. Successful applicants must serve a one (1) year probationary period.
13. A complete copy of the Township’s hiring policy, as set forth in its Civil Service Rules is available for inspection during regular business hours at the Municipal Building.
Wilkins Township is an equal opportunity employer.