Lead Technical Data Product Manager, Apple Media Products - Culver City
Culver City , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Feb 16, 2021
Role Number: 200223650
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are a self-motivated, passionate individual who is not afraid of challenges, we're looking for you. Apple is seeking a proven leader to join the Apple Media Products Data Science Organization who will lead a team of Data Product Managers. The Lead Technical Product Manager plays a meaningful role in collaborating with engineering and data scientists to design, instrument, maintain, build or improve business-critical datasets from a multitude of sources. This role will involve working with Internet-scale data across numerous product, services and customer touch points to drive initiatives that will make our data science organization more streamlined and productive. The team's culture is centered on rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with data scientists, product, feature engineering and data engineer.
- Proven ability in a Technical Product Management role, preferably for a digital media or subscription business focused in the data space.
- Significant hands-on experience and proficiency with modern (Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Vertica, etc.) and traditional database technologies (Teradata, etc.) and data related programming languages (SQL & Python)
- Knowledge of data pipeline design, with an understanding of integration and data transformation standard methodologies
- Strong prioritization and project management skills, including timely and proactive communications of timelines, status,customer concern
- Deep analytical abilities, strong out-of-the-box thinking, curious business and technical attitude, and an ability to drive action
- Leadership skills to influence partners and see projects through to timely completion in an agile environment
Lead the data strategy of commerce and subscription dataset designs that unlocks analytics capabilities Lead instrumentation and dataset creation efforts for our Data Science team, collaborating closely with Business, Engineering, Data Engineering and Privacy teams Migrate/induct/enrich data from production into downstream data warehousing environments for consumption by analytics tools and products, data scientists, and analysts Work with privacy, engineering & data engineering teams to understand business processes and co-develop data requirements, instrumentation, aggregation, and induction for new and existing features
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Information Systems